Aperol Spritz Recipe and 3 Delicious Appetizers to go with it
Weekend is almost here, sun is shining, pollen count is going down... Perfect time to sit outside, sip an Aperol Spritz, have a few small appetizers and enjoy the afternoon with friends or family. I am not a cocktail expert, but I do have a few favorites, and Aperol Spritz tops that list. I have also added 3 simple appetizer ideas and recipes below to make the weekend entertainment and hosting easy and fun. Below you have the recipes for:
Smashed potatoes / oven potato chips with sour cream sauce
Grilled artichoke toasts
Individual cheese and veggie platters
Let's Start with the Aperol Spritz recipe:
Equal parts Aperol and Prosecco (I use champagne glass for measure).
splash of soda (1/3 glass of the above champagne glass)
1 slice of orange
Stir it all with a straw and enjoy! here is a link to a fun video recipe.
Appetizer No 1 - Smashed potatoes or Oven baked potato chips with creamy sauce
Creamy sauce for both recipes:
1 cup of whole milk Greek yogurt or sour cream
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp lemon juice
Whisk everything together and serve with your choice of smashed potatoes or potato chips.
Ingredients for smashed potatoes:
1-2 pounds small multi-colored potatoes
Dill - chopped
1. Preheat oven to 450F. Rinse and scrub potatoes well and place them in a pot, fill up with cold water. Add salt and bring to a boil on a stove top, no lid. Cook until fork tender, about 12-15 minutes. Remove water, and let cool a bit.
2. Place potatoes on a cutting board and with the bottom of a measuring cup or flat bottom glass, smash each potato gently to 1/3 inch thick.
3. Oil the baking sheet and move the potatoes. Brush with more oil on top, sprinkle with salt and roast for about 40 minutes, flipping half way through, until they are crispy and nice golden color.
4. Sprinkle with fresh chopped dill and serve with creamy sauce.
Oven baked potato chips
1 pounds gold potatoes
Preheat oven to 400F. Wash, scrub potatoes well, then thinly sliced them, don’t peel. Mix in a bowl with cooking olive oil and line on a sheet pan. Sprinkle with salt and bake for 35-40 min. If they are not crispy and golden enough, broil on high for another 4-5 minutes for that nice color.
Appetizer No 2 - Grilled Artichoke Toasts
Fresh small baguette sliced
Garlic infused olive oil
Brie sliced in small pieces
Jarred artichokes, sliced (Note: I have tried with tapa style artichokes and they don't turn out as good, jarred ones are better!)
1. Preheat oven to 350f and bake garlic oil drizzled baguette slices for 10 minutes.
2. Once a little crispy, take out and place individually Brie cheese and artichokes, and bake for another 10 minutes.
3. Voila! Enjoy with the Aperol Spritz mentioned above :)
Appetizer No 3 - Individual Cheese and Veggie Platters
Ingredients - you can pick and choose your favorite cheeses or charcuterie, but here is what I included:
Multi grain bread
Veggies with creamy sauce: sour cream, garlic powder, salt, smoked paprika.
Ta-da, weekend hosting table is set!!!